I created this video to show how to generate optimal lineups for Daily Fantasy Sports.
Here is the download link for the Excel spreadsheet to follow along:
In this video, I use these steps to create the lineup spreadsheet:
1. Copy and paste your player data into the spreadsheet
2. Add a column to divide salary by projected score to get your top 200 players. Solver only looks at 200 records.
3. Created columns for each position and used an IF statement to tell if the player is in our lineup or not.
4. Set the parameters for Solver to look at which include the max salary, number of players at each position and total players.
5. How to install Solver
6. How to use solver to read the parameters we set up
7. How to see which players were chosen by Solver for our optimal lineup